EVIL DEAD II: DEAD BY DAWN-United States-84 Mins. 1987
Do you remember I said that the first Evil Dead was like a forest fire and that if you get in its way you’ll be left trampled underfoot and burned to a crisp? Well, it’s not like that at all with Evil Dead II. It’s more like there are two forest fires, one on your left and one on your right and they are coming at you with all the speed and flame that they can muster. You run straight ahead but there’s a train coming. You turn around to run the other way and BEEP! HONK! you get SPLATTERED by a semi! Yeah, that’s why Evil Dead II is even better than the first.
Oh, yeah, one more thing. It’s got Bruce Campbell in it and he’s got a chainsaw for a hand. Groovy, hail to the king, baby. Hail to the King.
- Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell gear up for ‘Evil Dead’ remake (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Drag Me to Hell (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- The Evil Dead (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- Sam Raimi to remake The Evil Dead (independent.co.uk)
- Bruce Campbell Joins Twitter and Confirms the ‘Evil Dead’ Remake (moviefone.com)