SEE NO EVIL
SEE NO EVIL-United States-2006
Directed by Gregory Dark
Written by Dan Madigan
What do you get when you cross a billion-wrestling promotion with a movie featuring one of its key Superstars and directed by a guy famous for films like “Hootermania”, “Between the Cheeks III” and “New Wave Hookers II”? You get “See No Evil”, WWE Films excursion into the horror genre starring their walking horror film Glen ‘Kane’ Jacobs; only he just goes by Kane here. Kane plays Jacob Goodnight, a pissed off 400 pound psychopath with a rusty plate screwed into his skull and a really mean looking hook and chain. Jacob’s ‘peaceful’ existence is disturbed by a group of delinquents assigned to community service to clean up the abandoned hotel he’s living in. You can only imagine what happens next. Jacob pitches in and helps the gang and becomes a much better person for it. Okay, I was just fucking with you. What the hell do you think he does? He slaughters them. The worst is when one of the delinquents tells him that wrestling is faked. Yeeesh!! Okay, just kidding there, too.
There’s a subplot involving two of the gang trying to find some money hidden in the walls that goes nowhere. Not only that, but the women in the film all look like they’re trying to pose when they stand still for any length of time. Let’s also not forget all the double entendres in this film. I guess that’s what happens when you hire a porno director to make your horror movie.
But seriously, did the WWE have to get a guy known for porno movies to helm this film? There are thousands of able-bodied directors just dying to get their shot at the big time and they hire a guy that’s the cinematic equivalent to a pimp. The movie has its moments, don’t get me wrong; I just think they would have done a lot better job hiring a legitimate director. I’m sorry if anyone disagrees with me, but to me a director who guides his actors by saying ‘Get on your knees and play with his rod’ or ‘Aim at her boobs’ is not a real filmmaker.
Next thing you know Disney will be hiring porno directors. That will bring new meaning to ‘someday my prince will come’.
Jacob Goodnight’s name is never mentioned in the film. It was originally included in a monologue by Steven Vidler, but the scene ran too long and it was absentmindedly cut out.
Glenn Jacobs (Kane) has stated that the best thing about making this movie (due to the hectic amount of traveling as a professional wrestler) was the opportunity it gave him to sleep in the same bed for two months.
- WWE News: WWE Hall of Famer Edge’s Contract Set to Expire Soon (bleacherreport.com)
- Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- WWE superstars Kane and Santino turn to DDP for career longevity (examiner.com)
- Lionsgate pacts with WWE on film deal (variety.com)
- WWE News: Why The Rock’s New Show Proves He’ll Never Fully Commit to WWE (bleacherreport.com)
- WWE News: Edge’s Contract Set to Expire with WWE Very Soon (bleacherreport.com)
- WWE/TNA Roundtable: Kane Is the Best Foreign Born Wrestler in the U.S (bleacherreport.com)
- Hornswoggle to make Movie Debut in Leprechaun: Origins (pwjournal.wordpress.com)
- WWE boards IM Global’s ‘Dead Man Down’ (variety.com)
- Lionsgate Pacts with WWE on Film Deal (klqwrestling.com)
- How Long Would You Survive in a Horror Movie? (geektyrant.com)
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2012: John Cena Thinking WrestleMania, Not Kane (bleacherreport.com)
- Film Review: The Evil Dead (1981) (filmblerg.com)
- TOXIC ZOMBIES: Stoner Undead From Pittsburgh! [WATCH IT NOW: VIDEO] (coedmagazine.com)
- Leprechaun is getting a reboot (bizzam.wordpress.com)
- History of horror (slideshare.net)
- ‘Dead Man Down’ Filming Set As WWE Studios Joins IM Global In Co-Financing (klqwrestling.com)
Posted on 04/20/2012, in Films Released In 2006, Movies, Slasher Films and tagged Dan Madigan, Jacob, Kane, See No Evil, Steven Vidler, United States, WWE, WWE Raw. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.