Directed by Kate Robbins
Written by Kate Robbins and Jill Garson
I watched “Candy Stripers” at the suggestion of a friend who informed me that he was a stuntman in the film and that he had some considerable face time. Trust me, he does. If you watch the film you’ll see him as the guy that gets his arm broken before being unceremoniously tossed across the room by one of the alien nurses. I must admit I teared up a bit during that scene. Well, not really.
“Candy Stripers” is bad movie making at its best; or worst, depending on how you look at it. It goes beyond reviewing. So I thought I would share a couple of observations I wrote down while watching the film. Check it out:
1. In an early scene a girl dials 911 and before the phone even rings she shouts out “Ohmygodthere’sbeenanaccident.” This would indicate that she got an immediate answer. I have called 911 on a few occasions and have never gotten an immediate response. What was her secret? Does 911 have this girl on speed answer?
2. I work with nurses. They work long shifts and are on their feet constantly. Therefore they are not about to wear shoes that are of the type that Jenna Jameson or Tera Patrick would consider fashionable. It’s just not going to happen.
3. Telling a gorgeous nurse “Kiss me. I’m about to die” will not actually get you a kiss. If it did I would have tried it years ago.
4. The alien possessed nurses eat a ton of doughnuts, candy and sugar packets to sustain them. At the hospital where I work there is always candy of some kind near the nurse’s stations. Should I be worried?
5. Doctors do not spend their time seducing nurses and drinking Schnapps.
6. If you do an image search for photos from “Candy Stripers” I must warn you that there was also a porno film with that same title. You may want to adjust your filter. But then again, maybe not.
If you like hot girls, nudity and ludicrous storytelling then Candy Stripers is the cure for what ails you. Otherwise, take two aspirin and stay at home.
- Striper Fishing And Catching on The Saint John River, Jemseg (thejoyofflyfishing.com)
- Candy Stripers and Junior Volunteers (thielst.typepad.com)
- Four Future IU Candy Stripers? (4tunate.net)
- Striper fishing and lilacs blooming (mainestripers.typepad.com)
- National Nurses Week: Swedish/Ballard puts nurses in the spotlight (ballardnewstribune.com)
- [personal|writing] A change of direction (jlake.com)
- Can This Candy Make You Prettier? (bellasugar.com)
- Sunday Trout And Striper Fishing on The Miramichi River (thejoyofflyfishing.com)
- Forever Young, and in our dreams~ (manyhorsesmane.wordpress.com)
- Maine Striper Update (mainestripers.typepad.com)
- Maine Striper Update – Good News, Bad News (mainestripers.typepad.com)
- You’re No Longer Safe from being watched – not even in the Hospital Bathroom!!! Spy cams installed in NY hospital bathrooms to monitor handwashing (blogginghounds.wordpress.com)
- Uncle Scott Bevan’s “Little Stripers” (gloucestercitynews.net)
- 25 Helpful Sites on Hospital Administration (thielst.typepad.com)
- June Flash Giveaway! Enter to win for 4 BOXES of CANDY that represent 4 different decades from Candy.com! (pennypinchboutique.com)
- Charlie Moore Allows Giants Fan Onto Show in Hunt for Stripers (Video) (nesn.com)
- Big stripers have arrived … but don’t be greedy (gloucestercitynews.net)
- 10 Things a Real Geek Would Never Do (livescience.com)
- Princess Pass (denisecopeland.typepad.com)
- QHR Associate Named Chair of Maine Hospital Association Board of Trustees (prweb.com)
- Getting his prescription filled…. (jeffsmessydesk.wordpress.com)
Posted on 06/17/2012, in Films Released In 2006, Monster or Alien Films, Movies, Sci-Fi/Horror Hybrids and tagged Candy Striper, Health, Health care, Hospital volunteer, Jenna Jameson, Kate Robbins, Nursing, Tera Patrick, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.