THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE
Directed by Amy Jones
“The Slumber Party Massacre” is a bad movie that moves in two paths from point A to point B until both paths congregate at point C. Point A is the path of the victims. In this case that would be Michele Michaels and Andree Honore and the rest of their friends and that most classic of plot devices that is guaranteed to get hot girls out of their clothes for at least one complimentary (and appreciated) nude scene. I’m talking about the slumber party, boys and girls and perverts of all ages. So now that we have that established, let’s move on to point B.
Point B is the path of the killer, Roy Thorn. Roy escaped from prison where he was serving time for the mass murder of five people. Well shoot, Roy, you are just not going to waste any time getting back to the business of killing. You’re a man who knows what he wants and what you want is to kill all those hot, young girls in their skimpy little outfits. You’re going to show them what you can do with your big, long, hard drill (PHALLIC SYMBOL! PHALLIC SYMBOL!). You go, boy! Shit, I can’t believe I just said that. Let’s move along to point C.
Point C is the point where the two previously mentioned points meet in an orgy of blood and gore. They are properly introduced; hot slumber party chicks, meet Roy. Roy, meet the hot slumber party chicks. Now, if Roy had ever paid attention when he watched horror movies, then he would know that point C is also the part in the movie where the hot slumber party chicks begin to fight back. Not very well, mind you. That’s why we also have the girl that lives next door. She’s prettier, she’s smarter and she’s the one with the machete. Did I mention that she lives conveniently next door? I like her already.
Alright, as you can tell there is no way I’m taking a movie like this seriously. The film is poorly acted, horribly directed and badly written and do not even try to tell me that the writer, Rita Mae Brown, meant for the film to be a parody of the slasher genre. I will not accept that as anything more than an excuse for a clunker of a movie that moves in so many directions and goes absolutely nowhere. But you know what’s even more disturbing? There are two more films in the series. I’m sure I’ll be writing about them sooner or later. Somebody has to do it.
Film debut of Robin Stille.
Andree Honore is the only cast member featured on the original theatrical one sheet poster. The blonde woman lying on the floor is late actress Jillian Kesner.
Brinke Stevens got her first big speaking role in this film.
Michael Villella read the book “Helter Skelter” in order to research the role of Russ Thorn.
- Ok, This is Different…..Fashion: Horror Hits The floor With Dance Party Massacre (vallieegirl67.com)
- Classic Moment of Cinema: Slumber Party Massacre II (1987) – Let’s Buzz (chadwickhsaxelid.typepad.com)
- Low Interest Rates: Can They Shake America Out Of Its Slumbering Economy? (keystoneautoloans.com)
- This is what I get when I go to look up Evil Clowns on Amazon… (alaskanmamma.com)
- Why has the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day disturbed our sleep, awakened us from our ancient slumber? (aintitcool.com)
- Create a slumber party look with a difference (newscover.co.uk)
- Mila Kunis Drives Ashton Kutcher Home After Their Slumber Party! (perezhilton.com)
- Welcome to the Persephone Movie Club! (persephonemagazine.com)
- Shinhwa members have a slumber party & fart battle on ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ (allkpop.com)
- Let sleeping dragons lie with Magic 2013′s Slumbering Dragon (examiner.com)
- A very Vera Bradley Slumber Party (insidestitch.com)
- Fidelio (imissyouwheniblink.com)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Horror Movies (INFOGRAPHIC) (manolith.com)
- Ring AKA Ringu (the Japanese Original) 1998 (horrorboom.com)
- Slumber Party Faux Pas (susanwritesprecise.com)
- Steve Bonello and his phallic symbolism | SEE CARTOON (andrewazzopardi.org)
- Media Blackout of Wichita Massacre (whitenewsnow.com)
- Sex Toys and Booze (mishie1.wordpress.com)
- 9 Ways to Go Classy For Your Next Bachelorette Party (bellasugar.com)
- Come Fab Finding With Me: Girls-Only Pajama Jammie Jam (fabsugar.com)
- CIA recruits 6000 “Black Water” mercenaries to commit massacres in Syria (anoncentral.tumblr.com)
- MASSACRE – Condemned To The Shadows 7″ Artwork Unveiled (bravewords.com)
- Star witness links 2 Ampatuans to massacre (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- When you hear about massacres, reach for your truth detector (sott.net)
- Massacres Never Again; We Will Not Silence (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Content under pressure: Why it’s better to work under deadline (teresaedmond.wordpress.com)
- Follow your personal compass to find your career path (theglobeandmail.com)
- Escapism to Art (ncpendergast.wordpress.com)
- Pillows (worldlywinds.com)
Posted on 07/05/2012, in Films Released in 1982, Movies, Slasher Films and tagged Arts, Brinke Stevens, Film, Helter Skelter, Movies, Rita Mae Brown, Robin Stille, Rubyfruit Jungle, Slumber Party Massacre, The Slumber Party Massacre, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.