Daily Archives: 07/18/2012
Written and Directed by Rolfe Kanefsky
“Nightmare Man” is:
A. An effective albeit cliché-laden horror film about a woman (Blythe Metz-”Jacqueline Hyde”) who may or may not be terrorized or possessed by a demon from a fertility mask known to her as the nightmare man. The film leads you to believe that she’s crazy and her husband Bill (Luciano Szafir) is on his way to having her committed. But when she takes refuge in a house in the woods with Tiffany Shepis (“Abominable”, “Bonnie & Clyde vs. Dracula”), Hanna Putnam (“Feast II: Sloppy Seconds“, “Feast III: The Happy Finish”) and their boyfriends the body count begins to rise and now we’re not so sure about how crazy she really is.
B. One of the better reasons to have a little faith in the After Dark Horrorfest series of films. Sure there have been clunkers (“Crazy Eights”, Lake Dead“); but its films like “Nightmare Man”, “Borderland” and Xavier Gans “Frontier(s) that keeps hardcore horror fans coming back for more.
C. A thinly veiled reason for Tiffany Shepis to take all or most of her clothes off. She’s got a great body, but it’s a shame, really. She has more acting talent than the films she stars in give her credit for and I can’t wait to see her sink her teeth into something juicier. She may not ever be Meryl Streep, but if every actress were her the world would be a boring place.
D. All of the above.
Now, if your answer was D then give yourself a pat on the back. Seriously, pat yourself on the back. I can’t afford to give out prizes. Besides, if I did you’d just play with them for an hour, break them and then you’d have nothing to do for the rest of the day. Except read my blog, of course. It’s a vicious circle, isn’t it?
Hanna Putnam had to perform the fake orgasm scene for her audition.
Writer/director Rolfe Kanefsky wrote the script in seven days.
Richard Moll only worked one day on the film.
Tiffany Shepis and Hanna Putnam doubled each other for their running scenes.
- Crazy Eights (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- Every man’s nightmare: Castrati fish (oyiabrown.com)
- Wife of man convicted of killing neighbor over loud music says he cries, has nightmares (khou.com)
- One Man’s Dream Is Another Woman’s Nightmare (theredneckmommy.com)
- Every man’s nightmare: Castrati fish (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Craigslist Ad Seeking Shelter Leads to Kidnap, Rape (blogs.lawyers.com)
- Nightmare Defense? Connecticut Man Claims To Have Sleepwalked Through Attempted Robbery (jonathanturley.org)
- Healthcare Nightmare: Uninsured Texas Man Claims Doctor Botched Hernia Surgery (huffingtonpost.com)
- Praying For Sleep (unduecreativity.wordpress.com)
- Sri Lanka: Gotabhaya’s Larger Than Life Role – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- One woman’s nightmare is another man’s dinner. (heifer12x12.com)
- HMAD Screening: There’s Nothing Out There! (horror-movie-a-day.blogspot.com)
- Op-Ed Contributor: Vulnerable to ‘Reform’ (nytimes.com)
- Just Thinking Number 23 (righttruth.typepad.com)