ANOTHER AWARD? NOW I KNOW GOD IS TESTING MY HUMILITY
This is crazy. Bugged out, whacked out, wigged out…CRAZY!! My friend Kim over at Tranquil Dreams has nominated me once again for the 2012 Blog of the Year Award. I don’t know what to say. Well, thank you, of course; but what else? I am humbled from the tip of the hair on my little egg head to the top of my toe nails on my self-pedicured feet. I guess I must be doing something right.
A wise man once said that ‘with great power comes great responsibility’. Aside from being one seriously overused quote, it also happens to be true. So now I have to fulfill my part of the bargain as an act of acceptance for the nomination.
A. Select some blogs that I feel are worthy of this award. Well, that’s just dandy. Why don’t you tell me to line up all my ex-wives and the current one and pick which one is/was the best? Scratch that; I pick the current one. The other two were just practice. I know most people pick 10 or 15 blogs when they do this part; but as I read over the rules it said there was no limit to how many you pick. So I’m going to go the low road and pick three blogs. Since I write a movie blog, I decided that the ones I pick would be from my neck of the woods i.e. movie blogs. There is no particular order to my choices.
1. Andy Watches Movies Andy has this notion in his head to watch and chronicle 300 movies for 2012. I sure hope he makes it.
2. Head In A Vice I must confess that Tyson over at Head In A Vice was the inspiration for my “What’s Their Best Film?” and “Author Showdown” segments of Written in Blood. How the hell else was I going to compete with his amazing “Desert Island Films“?
B. Write a blog post and tell about the blogs I have chosen. See above. Ding, fries are done!
C. Include a link back to the page of the blogger who nominated me in the first place. That would be http://klling.wordpress.com/2012/12/29/blog-of-the-year-2012/.
D. Let the blogs know that I have chosen them. Be right back. Okay, done.
F. Link back to the blog that nominated me and display the award on my blog and sidebar. Got ya!
I appreciate this so much. Thank you.
- My top 10 list of expressions I don’t want to see in another film review (thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com)
- This just in……”thecvillean” retires the trophy! (thecvillean.wordpress.com)
- A Wonderful Surprise (carolanns66.wordpress.com)
- An Award? Why, thank you! (iswimmer.wordpress.com)
- Year end gift: Beautiful blogger award (chasingyellowcabs.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (timneath.wordpress.com)
- The Final Award: Reader Appreciation Award (crankygiraffe.wordpress.com)
- Writing By Candlelight Won The Very Inspiring Blogger Award (dorothystacy.wordpress.com)
- Looking Back at 2012 (davidleesummers.wordpress.com)
- Wonderful Team Member Award (tchistorygal.wordpress.com)
Posted on 12/29/2012, in 2012 Blog of the Year and tagged 2012 Blog of the Year Award, Arts, Blog, Christmas, Facebook, Kim, Mike, Select (magazine), Tools, Tranquil Dreams, Year 2012. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.