RON BURGUNDY WAS RIGHT
“I am in a glass case of emotion!!”-Ron Burgundy
That’s pretty much the way I’ve been feeling about Written in Blood lately. I know I said I was taking a break; but to be honest with you ( and myself ) I’ve actually felt like hanging it up for good. But every time I think that this will be the day I make quitting my final answer, I get some new notification that makes me change my mind. So, like any other (in)sane blogger out there, I weighed the pros against the cons to help me make a decision. Let’s begin with the pro’s:
1. I like writing. I think I’m pretty good at it and other people seem to think the same thing. My guinea pigs Alice and Annabel think I suck; but that’s only because I use a laptop to write and not real paper that they can chew on.
2. People seem to like what I write and they seem to like Written in Blood. There are three ways of looking at this. They like me and Written in Blood; they think I suck but they like Written in Blood; or they think Written in Blood sucks but they like me. You know, I may have included this pro because I like saying Written in Blood.
3. Other than re-blogging two of Alex Laybourne’s posts (hey Alex, I hope the check is in the mail nudge nudge wink wink), I haven’t posted anything new in over a week and yet I’m still getting a butt-load of page views and visitors. It’s kind of hard to quit when you’re doing so good when you’re not around.
Now for the cons:
1. I don’t always feel like writing. Oh, yippee, that’s a good one.
2. I don’t always have the time. That one’s a bit more plausible.
No number three? Hmm, I guess that means the pros outweigh the cons. So I guess that means that I will continue writing this goofy blog. Hell, I changed my background and my header so no sense in quitting now. There will be changes, though. I’m not going to kill myself writing every day. I will blog on my days off and if I don’t feel like blogging then I’m not going to. Does that make me an asshole? I hope not.
Looking back at what I wrote I begin to see that this was more for my own benefit. Like they say in South Carolina, “Take care and stay scared, ya’ll.”
- Favorite Scene from The Legend of Ron Burgundy with Will Ferrell (atatekawa.wordpress.com)
- Movember’s Moustache Movie Madness: ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY – 2004 (Hollywood) (blankpagebeatdown.wordpress.com)
- From ‘Taches To Ashes – The End Of Movember (timothytreacy.wordpress.com)
- Bonne Journée Everyone! (juryrigit.wordpress.com)
- The Legend of Ron Burgundy: AngerMan (comm2302metafiction.wordpress.com)
- Will Farrell has a fiery Thanksgiving (photos.mercurynews.com)
- Anchorman 2 To Be Made As Musical (1015jamz.cbslocal.com)
- Thieves Strike At Anchorman 2 Set (contactmusic.com)
- Daily Dialogue – December 4, 2012 (gointothestory.blcklst.com)
- Bridesmaids’ Kristen Wiig in talks for Anchorman: The Legend Continues (metro.co.uk)
Posted on 01/09/2013, in Movies and tagged Adam McKay, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Arts, Blog, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Ron Burgundy, Will Ferrell. Bookmark the permalink. 30 Comments.