RESOLUTION-United States-93 Mins. 2012
Written by Justin Benson
Mike Danube (Peter Cilella, The Fall, Karma Calling) handcuffs his friend Chris Daniels (Vinny Curran, Machine Head) to the pipes of his shit-hole of a house in a last ditch effort to rehab him off the crystal meth that has ruined his friendships and his life. That’s the premise of Resolution; or at least that’s part of it. I left out the part where a seemingly paranormal entity leaves them clues in the form of photographs, 8mm film, carvings and any other form of communication available to it, including Mike’s laptop. The entity, for lack of a better term, wants something from the two of them that they figure out at the end of the film. What it is I will not say, since I don’t go diving in Spoiler Lake if I can help it. Just think Paranormal Activity meets Breaking Bad*, ask yourself ‘what would Heisenberg do?’ and there you have it.
The thing that impressed me about Resolution was the scenes in which nothing happens. Allow me to explain; I’m referring to scenes in films where two characters find themselves in a dangerous situation and yet somehow find themselves reminiscing about their lives and paying attention to everything but the danger around them, usually at the expense of their lives. Director Justin Benson uses scenes like this, but in his own way and on his own terms.
Resolution is a quiet, low-key film. There’s barely any music, if there is any at all. The performances, especially from Cilella, are so laid back as to question whether the actors were in a trance when making the film. However, ‘quiet’, ‘low-key’ and ‘trance’ do not mean that it is a bad film. Resolution is a slow ride; but relax, take it easy and ride it out to the end and I think you will be satisfied.
*The series is ending this Sunday. I had to get a shameless plug in somewhere, bitch.
NO TRIVIA TO SEE HERE, FOLKS.
- Make Sleep a Priority: My New Years Resolution (plushbeds.com)
- How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolution This Year! (allstate.com)
- The Paranormal Activity Series. (horrorfanatic95.wordpress.com)
- Resolution Movie Review (shockya.com)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ still looking good as it ends run (observer-reporter.com)
- The Sum of All Fears (thisweekihavebeenwatching.wordpress.com)
- UN Security Council likely to adopt Syria resolution in 2 days: Russia (disclose.tv)
- UN Approves Resolution On Syria Disarmament (eurasiareview.com)
- U.N. Security Council Approves Syria Chemical Weapons Resolution (npr.org)
- UN Adopts Resolution (redshopeweekly.wordpress.com)
Posted on 09/28/2013, in Resolution and tagged Aaron, Aaron Moorhead, Breaking Bad, Fall, Heisenberg, John Kerry, Justin Benson, Movies, Paranormal Activity, Peter Cilella, Russia, Syria, United Nations resolution, United States, Vinny Curran, Werner Heisenberg. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.