A PERSONAL GHOST STORY FOR OCTOBER 6, 2013
This one comes from Misty at Cinema Schinema:
My parents’ house, the house where I grew up, had a friendly (and mischievous) spirit in it. Odd things would regularly occur such as footsteps on the stairs when no one was there or hearing someone say my voice when I was alone. There were also times where as I walked down the hall to my room, the door would open on its own. Stuff like that. I eventually named the spirit “Harold”, and he/she/it kind of became part of the family. Oh and Harold eventually took up playing the drums – after I left for college, my brother and parents told me that every night for like 15 minutes my brother’s drum set in the basement would be played. Oh, that silly Harold.
He wasn’t the only one in the house though, at least not all of the time. One night when I was 11 or 12, as I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, I opened my eyes to see a woman with dark hair and a white dress standing in the corner of my room. She slowly started walking towards me and I, of course, utilized the great childhood theory of hiding under my covers so she couldn’t get me. I eventually came out and she was gone. I told my mother about it the next day and she said that the description fit HER mother exactly…my mother’s mother, my grandmother, died when my mom was 8 – I never met her and I had never seen a picture of her. It made me feel a little better hearing that. I figured she was just checking in on her grandkids.
Got a personal ghost story to share? Send it to:
Remember, try to make it at least a hundred words and let me know whether you want your real name used or not.
Take care…and stay scared.
- Monsters in the Closet (boundandgaggedbooks.wordpress.com)
- Ghosts (kate0murray.wordpress.com)
- Movie Recommendation: The Watcher in the Woods (ladygeekgirl.wordpress.com)
- First Sentence Forward: Michigan Ghost Stories (michiganderspost.com)
- Gearing up for Ghost month! (herstorycalls.com)
- Madame LaLaurie (darkcargo.com)
- NY Capitol tours with ghost stories to begin (cbs6albany.com)
- Walking Ghost tour of Ybor City (abcactionnews.com)
- Weatherford looking for ghost stories (azdailysun.com)
- A Common Ghost Story in TN: The Bell Witch (shuggy1993.wordpress.com)