SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE
Directed and written by Carol Frank
There are over 1,000,000 levels of suck and Sorority House Massacre achieves every damn one of them. This piece of ’80′s slasher garbage is so bad that I highly recommend that every VHS, LaserDisc, Beta, DVD and Blu-ray edition be tracked down and buried in the desert alongside all those copies of E.T. the Extra-terrestrial the Video Game. It’s a stupid excuse of a slasher film that tastelessly rips off every major plot point of John Carpenter’s classic, Halloween. It also makes me ashamed as a reviewer to mention the two films in the same sentence.
The film centers on Beth (Angela O’Neill, Grandmother’s House) a young woman who has nightmares about a man stalking her with a knife. Meanwhile, Bobby (John C. Russell in his only film credit according to IMDb.com) has escaped from the mental institution (*HALLOWEEN RIP-OFF*) he has resided in after murdering his entire family except for his little sister, Laura (*ANOTHER HALLOWEEN RIP-OFF*). Bobby steals a car (*STILL ANOTHER HALLOWEEN RIP-OFF.IS THERE NO SHAME?*) and makes his way back home to finish her off. Only now home has been turned into a sorority house and he has a whole new set of victims in nubile co-eds Linda (Wendy Martel), Sara (Pamela Ross, Moonstalker) and Tracy (Nicole Rio, The Zero Boys, Gang Justice). Don’t worry; I’m not going to shout out how badly this film rips off Halloween anymore. I think I got my point across just fine. It’s no wonder the majority of the actresses in the film have little to no credits in anything else; their acting is so atrocious they couldn’t find their way out of a paper bag with both of their hands, a flashlight and a neon EXIT sign above the door. Here’s an experiment: take some shit and pile more shit on top of it. Voilà! You have just made your own copy of Sorority House Massacre. Bury it deep, please.
The blonde woman in the poster artwork for this movie is actress Suzee Slater.
0 BLOOD DROPS out of 5
- Tech That Never Made It (jacamoblog.co.uk)
- Top movies not out on Blu-ray: ‘Chariots of Fire’ off the list (reviews.cnet.com)
- Fun Halloween Printable Project Has Been Released on Kids Activities Blog (prweb.com)
- Raise The Spirits On Halloween, Despite The Sluggish Economy, With… (prweb.com)
- DoYouRemember.com, the Home of Nostalgia on the Web, Launches Its Exclusive Halloween Week Content Featuring Retro Costumes, Candy, Vampires, Movies, Contests and More (prweb.com)
- Movies Buying Guide (walmart.com)
- UN probe: 8 massacres by Syria regime, 1 by rebels (bigstory.ap.org)
- So Bad It’s… Just God Awful… (jasonkpurdy.wordpress.com)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month (storiesbyheatherb.wordpress.com)
- Watch Sorority Party Massacre Online (sororitypartymassacre.wordpress.com)
Posted on 10/25/2013, in Movies, Sorority House Massacre and tagged Bobby, Breeders, Breeds, Dogs, Fraternities and sororities in North America, Halloween, John Carpenter, LaserDisc, Moonstalker, Pets, Recreation, Slasher film, Sorority House Massacre, United States, Zero Boys. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.