ALEX LAYBOURNE’S MUSINGS OF A HIDEOUS MIND VOLUME II
Posted by Written in Blood
“Entering a Hideous Mind is free… leaving can be murder.”
Entering a Hideous Mind is free… leaving can be murder…
In this collection of dark and disturbingly imaginative tales we are introduced to the further hideous musings of Alex Laybourne’s mind.
From a twisted family secret that leads to dark sexual obsession and murder, to the crowning of a new ‘Hunter’ and an out of body experience with an explosive difference, these tales are design to get under the skin as well as into the mind.
Haunting and terrifying, the musings of this hideous mind will remain leave you sleeping with the light on and looking over your shoulder at every step.
Born and raised in the coastal English town Lowestoft, it should come as no surprise (to those that have the misfortune of knowing this place) that I became a horror writer.
From an early age I was sent to schools which were at least 30 minutes’ drive away and so spent most of my free time alone, as the friends I did have lived too far away for me to be able to hang out with them in the weekends or holidays.
I have been a writer as long as I can remember and have always had a vivid imagination. To this very day I find it all too easy to just drift away into my own mind and explore the world I create; where the conditions always seem to be just perfect for the cultivation of ideas, plots, scenes, characters and lines of dialogue
I am married and have four wonderful children; James, Logan, Ashleigh and Damon. My biggest dream for them is that they grow up, and spend their lives doing what makes them happy, whatever that is.
For people who buy my work, I hope that they enjoy what they read and that I can create something that takes them away from reality for a short time. For me, the greatest compliment I can receive is not based on rankings but by knowing that people enjoy what I produce, that they buy my work with pleasure and never once feel as though their money would have been better spent elsewhere.
- Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne (cookdance.wordpress.com)
- Musings of a Hideous Mind: Volume 1 – OUT NOW (jimgoforthhorrorauthor.wordpress.com)
- Musings of a Hideous Mind: Volume 1 – OUT NOW (alexlaybourne.com)
- Industrial symbiosis, or freecycle for business (treehugger.com)
- Six of the most hideous reactions to Tom Daley’s coming out video (pinknews.co.uk)
- Michael J. Fox shakes off the comedy dust and proves the critics wrong (metronews.ca)
- Spotlight On: Alex Laybourne (alexlaybourne.com)
- Monument 14 By: Emmy Laybourne (Monument 14 series #1) (fillingtheshelvesbookreviews.wordpress.com)
- That’s Rather Hideous: Absolutely Everything Is Wrong With This Indiana House (curbed.com)
- The One Show (filmandtvgirl.wordpress.com)
About Written in BloodI was born in Spartanburg, South Carolina on March 4, 1962. I guess that makes me old, but I certainly don't feel that way. I still play video games and listen to rock and roll music. I love movies, especially horror films. I have a beautiful wife who is my all time best friend. She supports me in everything I do. More importantly, she calls me out on my bullshit. This blog is dedicated to her for everything she's done for me.
Posted on 12/12/2013, in Movies and tagged Alex Laybourne, Games, Lowestoft, Online Communities, Social Networking, Trending and Popularity, Twitter, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.