Category Archives: Kinda
Have you noticed lately that I’ve been in a mood to blog? When was the last time that you saw me blog twice on the same day, much less three times? I can’t explain it; I feel the need and I need to blog. But just because I want to blog doesn’t mean I have something to say. Luckily, this time I have plenty to say. Well, luckily for me. You may have a different opinion.
What I am here to submit for your approval are some rules or pieces of advice for going to the movies. I’m not an expert; I’m just a normal guy who loves movies and goes to them every chance he gets. So this is my guide to you for what to do before, during and after the movie. You may not agree with it and that’s okay. You may even have a few more words of advice to throw in and you are more than welcome to do so. So, let’s begin with what to do before the movie and see where this baby takes us.
1. Know what you want to see. Look in the paper, browse online or use your cell phone and decide what you are going to see, where you are going to see it and at what time you are going to see it. Get the decisions making process out of the way before you leave the house.
2. Leave the baby at home. When I go to see a horror movie like the latest Jason Voorhees flick I want to hear Ki Ki Ki Kill and not Ki Ki Ki Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can guarantee you that the rest of the audience will agree with me. So if you are going to come to the movies leave the baby at home with a sitter. Babies and movie theatres do not mix. If you cannot afford a sitter then there are two options available to you. The first is to stay home and wait for the DVD. The second is to find out if the theatre has a quiet room where you can take Junior and let him wail to his heart’s content while you watch the movie and leave everyone else in peace.
3. Get there early. Always get to a movie theater early. This gives you time to get your ticket, get your drink and popcorn and find your seat without being in people’s way while the film is rolling. I cannot tell you how irritating it is for a movie to begin and see somebody’s big head and body go floating across the screen on the way to their seat. Another plus about getting there early is you get to see previews of coming attractions. You can keep the commercials, though; whoever thought that up needs to be fed to the lions.
Now, on to what to do during the film; there is only one rule so it is very easy to remember.
1. Sit down, shut up and enjoy the movie. It’s that simple. You paid good money to see this movie and more importantly so did the other people sitting in the theatre with you. So turn off your cell phone, take off your hat, zip your lip and watch the flick. If you don’t you may end up like this:
Or maybe like this
Now, we got before and during out of the way. So what about after the movie, what do you do then?
1. Go home and tell people whether you loved or hated the film. But don’t tell them how it ends or give away too much of the plot. That’s it, that’s the last rule for going to the movies.
Thank you for your time. Take care and stay scared everybody!
This is a two part post. First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who has ever taken the time to visit Written in Blood. When I started this blog a little under a year ago I had no idea that anyone would even like it, much less want to look at it. But today I have just reached 300 page views for the first time. So, to every one of you that has looked at my blog, even if it just for a fraction of a second, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
For the second part; do you remember the post I wrote entitled “What’s Scary??” I want to hear from you about what scares you. What gets your heart racing and causes the hairs to stand up on the back of your neck. Don’t be afraid to write in and tell me, not unless that’s what you’re afraid of. But if you are, maybe it’s time you conquered that fear. I’ll start off by telling you what scares me: wasps. I don’t know what it is about them, but I just cringe when I see one buzzing around my head. I always thought of them as the delinquents of the insect world; buzzing around all bad-ass with their leather jackets and their switchblade stingers. They just give me the creeps.
Now, I want to hear from you. What scares you?
- What’s Scary? (jmountswritteninblood.com)