A very short post for my final post of 2013. A question is what I ask.
You’re not a true fan of horror unless or until you’ve…
I await your answers.
Take care and stay scared.
- The Conjuring (Horror Movie) (anuraggarg99.wordpress.com)
- Wedding Party, for Arkham Horror (fictivefantasies.wordpress.com)
- We’re Next! (good thing we watch so many horror movies then) (findingthehorror.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Poetry (41/52): True Horror (hobbitsadventure.wordpress.com)
- Horror Girl: Danielle Harris (gabicelebrity.wordpress.com)
- The Probable Reason for My Being a Horror Fan (thelovelydead.wordpress.com)
- Press Release: The Carnival 13 (horroraddicts.wordpress.com)
- Most Anticipated Horror Movies of 2014 (youjivinmeturkey.com)
- Drake’s Quick Picks: Top Five Non-Fiction Horror (horrornovelreviews.com)
- Check into the Sanitarium with Our Top 11 Insane Asylum Horror Films (dreadcentral.com)
Directed and written by Chad Crawford Kinkle
You’re going to have to bear with me for this one; it’s going to take a lot of explaining. I shall begin at the beginning; we see a young girl, Ada (Lauren Ashley Carter, The Woman, Premium Rush) in a sexual liaison with a young man, Jessaby (Daniel Manche, The Girl Next Door, I Sell the Dead). Later, we find out that Ada has been chosen by Bodey (Mathieu Whitman) to be his wife and be the mother of his children. She just has to be pure, that is all. Refer to the part about her fornicating with Jessaby and you’ll have the answer to that one. What we haven’t found out up to this moment is that Jessaby is her brother. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we are talking some backwoods shenanigans going on here.
Meanwhile, Dawai (Sean Bridgers, The Woman, Sweet Home Alabama), a simpleton, is spinning a jug out on his potter’s wheel. This is where it gets weird; as if incest wasn’t weird enough. There is a place called the Pit and there is a creature in the Pit that heals the people as long as it gets what it wants and what it wants is a sacrifice every now and then. The way the people know who to sacrifice to the pit is through Dawai; the Pit gives him a face and he makes a jug. Whoever’s face is on the jug is sacrificed to the Pit. This time the face on the Jug is Ada’s. Ada finds the jug and hides it; thereby angering the Pit. “The Pit wants what it wants”, she hears continually from Loriss (Sean Young, Blade Runner, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective) and Sustin (Larry Fessenden, Habit, We Are What We Are), her mother and the keeper of the Pit, respectively. Pretty soon Ada is seeing the smoky apparition of a boy and seeing through the Pit’s eyes who it intends to take until she comes forward and makes things right by taking her position as the next sacrifice. End of story; or at least as much as I am willing to tell you.
Aside from the incest and the strange religious beliefs of the backwoods characters in Jug Face, the thing that I found weirdest of all was that I actually liked the movie. I liked the flow of the film and the cadence of the speech of the characters. I liked the redneck drama and the subtle moments of gore when the Pit would take someone. Jug Face isn’t a classic film; hell, it’s not even a great movie. The plot of the film fills the movie nicely; but the length of Jug Face (81 Minutes) makes it seem more like an extended episode of a TV show than that of a motion picture. Still, the acting is good and we get to see a mini-reunion of actors who have appeared in films either based on books by Jack Ketchum (The Woman, The Girl Next Door) or directed by Lucky McKee (The Woman). Just for that fact alone raises my appreciation for Jug Face. If only it didn’t have that ‘incest is best, put your sister to the test’ thing going for it.
Potter and sculptor, Jason Mahlke, designed and created the Face Jugs for the film.
- Holy smokes, face jugs, tumbled glass and desert wood! (maryannhendrickson.wordpress.com)
- ◄║► Watch Jug Face Online Movie 2013 (watchjugfaceonlinemovie12013.wordpress.com)
- How I spent my Thanksgiving Weekend (8littlepaws.wordpress.com)
- Movie Monday Halloween (browncoatknitter.wordpress.com)
- Jug Face Movie Review (shockya.com)
- BLACK Friday Night Flix: Jug Face (modernborefare.com)
- Official Poster for Slamdance Winner Jug Face Debuts (shockya.com)
- Review~ Rednecks’ Secret Demons In the Hills Cause Havoc; Jug Face (marcwinger.com)
- Roy’s Folks: Face jugs (myfox8.com)
- Exclusive: Lauren Ashley Carter Talks Jug Face (shockya.com)
Wolfman’s got nards!
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Will Scar Even More Children As a Movie (themarysue.com)
- The Monster Squad. (planetspence.wordpress.com)
- #DailyBookQuote 06Dec13 : Johann Wolfman Von Goethe’s The Sorrow of Young Werther (bhuwanchand.wordpress.com)
- 31 Days of Halloween, Day 29 – Family-Friendly Halloween Flicks (persephonemagazine.com)
- Patricia’s Picks for Horrific Hallowe’en Reads (nvcltopshelf.com)
- Horace – Thursday 5th December 2013 (mirror.co.uk)
- NBC Developing ‘Wolfman’ Series (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
From The Legend of Boggy Creek and featuring Vern Stierman as the Narrator:
I was 7 years old when I first heard him scream. It scared me then and it scares me now.
- FINDING BIGFOOT Launches New Season with All-Day Marathon Today! (tvruckus.com)
- Forget about Hollywood mainstream horror: Five horror films that you must not miss (yourpopcorner.wordpress.com)
- What are the best horror movies of all time? (macombdaily.com)
- FINDING BIGFOOT Leaves Boggy Creek Fouke Monster a Legend (tvruckus.com)
- Childhood Fears (cagraham68.wordpress.com)
- The Films of the Fest (tucsonweekly.com)
- Semi crash closes Cornelius Pass Rd. near Hwy 30 (kgw.com)
- Chronicle of the Lizard Man (Book Review) (idoubtit.wordpress.com)
Please don’t scream. You’re so beautiful.
- AICN HORROR’s Big BOUNTY KILLER, MANIAC, & THE BELL WITCH Contest Winners Round-up! (aintitcool.com)
- My Skull is Full of Sunken Ships (bradywatt.wordpress.com)
- Macabre Month of Horror 2013 – movie review #22 Maniac (2012) (greencarbon2112.wordpress.com)
- 6 of the Most Unbelievably Extreme Horror Films You Must Never Watch on Netflix Streaming (pjmedia.com)
- Maniac Movie Review (shockya.com)
- 31 Days of Horror: Day 21 – Maniac (2013) (thenewfleshfilm.wordpress.com)
- AICN HORROR looks at LEGEND OF THE RED REAPER! CASSADAGA! MANIAC! TO JENNIFER! HOUSE ON STRAW HILL! (aintitcool.com)
- Maniac (2012) (blogofbookreviews.wordpress.com)
- Ambush Bug counts down the best horror films on AICN HORROR since last Halloween #1! Plus a contest! (aintitcool.com)
FEEDING GROUNDS-United States-82 Mins. 2006
Directed by Junior Bonner
Written by Alex Ballar and Jamie Gannon
Dear Junior Bonner, Alex Ballar and Jamie Gannon, director and screenwriters, respectively, of Feeding Grounds,
Congratulations, you guys have made what I believe to be the first horror movie for hipster douche-bags. You even gave yourself starring roles and gave six more of your hipster douche-bag friends supporting roles. You took them out to the desert and you had them act all emotional over some unseen whatchamacallit that was stalking them or eating them or doing God knows what to them. What the hell was that thing and what the hell was it doing? Do you even know? Did you guys even bother writing a script or did you make this shit up as you went along. Don’t answer that, it’s okay. You still have the claim to fame of making the first horror movie for hipster douche-bags.
Wait a minute. What did I just say? Did I say ‘horror movie’? That can’t be right. In order for Feeding Grounds to be called a horror movie it has to have that one important element: horror. I watched the entire 82 minutes of this movie and I didn’t spot one iota of horror. All I saw were you, Jamie Gannon, as Marcus; and you, Alex Ballar, as Stephano wandering around the desert with the rest of the cast while Junior shot you as you said idiotic phrases and posed like the hipster morons that you all are. There was even this one scene where after one of you, I don’t remember who and I really don’t care, finds an ear and someone says, “What if they were murdered and tortured?” Was the script supervisor off the day that line was uttered? You torture, then you murder not the other way around. You should know this; you tortured me for 82 minutes.
I recently reviewed the ’80′s slasher flick Sorority House Massacre. I suggested that every copy of that film be buried deep in a hole in the desert far from humanity. After viewing Feeding Grounds I honestly think that hole needs to be a little bit deeper.
You owe me for 82 minutes of my life.
0 out of 5 Blood Drops
- Exploring Horror Movies (costumesupercenter.com)
- Classic Horror Movies – Costume SuperCenter (costumesupercenter.com)
- Feminine Hygiene: Is Douching Really Necessary? (womenshealth.answers.com)
- Bird Feeding Basics (lowes.com)
- Most Popular Horror Movies of the Last 2 Years (movies.answers.com)
- [e360] Feeding the Entrepreneur in the Workplace (entrepreneurship.org)
- Pacific Equity President Jonathan Bennett Donates $190,000 to Feed the… (prweb.com)
- Butterfly Garden Flowers & Plants by Region (wayfair.com)
- D is for douchebag (transatlantictranslator.wordpress.com)
- Sheldon Watches Horror Movies (cestmoimichelle.wordpress.com)
It’s sad, when a mother has to speak the words that condemn her own son. But I couldn’t allow them to believe that I would commit murder. They’ll put him away now, as I should have years ago. He was always bad, and in the end he intended to tell them I killed those girls and that man… as if I could do anything but just sit and stare, like one of his stuffed birds. They know I can’t move a finger, and I won’t. I’ll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do… suspect me. They’re probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I’m not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching… they’ll see. They’ll see and they’ll know, and they’ll say, “Why, she wouldn’t even harm a fly…”
- Psycho Analysis: Exploration of Two Scenes (filmcriticismblog.wordpress.com)
- Horror’s Icons: Norman Bates (blog4dat.wordpress.com)
- I did some digging around Bates Motel and found some grisly stuff (pieceofpinkpie.wordpress.com)
- ‘Psycho II’ (1983) – Movie Review (mysteriousuniverse.org)
- Horror Movie Spotlight : Carnival Of Souls (punchnerds.com)
- Bates Motel: ‘I don’t want to mimic Anthony Perkins’ (independent.co.uk)
First I play with Judd, then mommy came, and I play with mommy. We play daddy, we had a awful good time! Now, I want to play with you…
- Pet Sematary (youdontknowshitaboutfuck.wordpress.com)
- My Favorite Horror Novels (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Every Major Horror Movie Reference On American Horror Story – Imitation or Inspiration? (cabletv.com)
- Creepiest Horror Kids: Where Are They Now? (movies.answers.com)
- 31 Days of Halloween: Day 14: Pet Sematary (1989) – Nightmares included! (simonsayswatchthis.wordpress.com)
- 31 Days of Horror: The Shining (pop-break.com)
- The Semi-daily Horror Movie Quote of the Day-september 25, 2013 (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- The Semi-daily Horror Movie Quote of the Day-september 27, 2013 (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- The Semi-daily Horror Movie Quote of the Day-september 29, 2013 (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- The Semi-daily Horror Movie Quote of the Day-september 18. 2013 (jmountswritteninblood.com)
The spider spinning his web for the unwary fly. The blood is the life, Mr. Renfield.
- Dracula (1931) – Film Review (thatfighterguy.wordpress.com)
- Reflections on Dracula (Get It?) (shanegrmccollum.wordpress.com)
- Vampirism Monday x a Dose of Dracula (lariatsandlavender.blogspot.com)
- The Terror of Dracula (socyberty.com)
- R.I.P. Bela Lugosi (gothcultureblog.wordpress.com)
- Rocker Slash brings horror to the big screen (globalnews.ca)
- Dracula: From Bela Lugosi to Jonathan Rhys Meyers (geek-news.mtv.com)
First things first; I had over 450 page views yesterday so I know that somebody out there saw my article in which I pleaded with people to send their personal ghost or haunted house experiences to me at:
For those of you who have not read the article here is the link to it once more:
I am nothing if not persistent. Do I have to torture a Teletubby to get my point across? Wait, don’t answer that.
Now on to the subject at hand. I feel like I’m stealing a page out of Rhino’s Horror for doing this; but an actor by the name of Troy Ford sent me the trailer for the upcoming independent horror film Sacrament. The film stars Marilyn Burns and Ed Guinn from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. For those of you who don’t know already, Marilyn portrayed Sally Hardesty and Ed portrayed the cattle truck driver who rescued her at the end of the film. This is their first pairing together since TCM.
From the press release:
“SACRAMENT” follows a group of seven friends who embark on a road trip to the South Texas beach for booze, bud and bonding but are derailed by an approaching tropical storm. They find themselves seeking refuge in the quaint, conservative Texas town of Middle Spring, which is in the process of hosting a huge barbecue and tent revival. Charismatic preacher Isaac Renneker, his enterprising young son Brahm, and his devout congregation are determined to cleanse the world of sin while delivering the Good Lord’s message to their flock, and before long the kids realize that there might be more to the town’s famous barbecue than just a good spice rub.
Troy explained that since this is an independent project that there is not a huge budget for marketing; therefore they are relying on spreading the word via articles and podcasts and what have you.
I’m not the world’s greatest promoter. All I can do is present the trailer so you can see for yourself. Let me know what you think, okay?
You can also check out the official website at sinners4dinner.com
- Top Ten Netflix Horror Movie Picks by the Gruesome Foursome (savings.com)
- The Walking Dead Find Some Prey and The Governor Gets A Portrait Collage (cabletv.com)
- Quint saw five great movies at Fantastic Fest today! (aintitcool.com)
- AICN HORROR NEWS:Biehn from HIDDEN IN THE WOODS! CASSADAGA! WE ARE WHAT WE ARE! BUTCHER BOYS! MORE! (aintitcool.com)
- Texas Chainsaw 3D Movie Review (shockya.com)
- Texas Chainsaw (2013) (kingstonfalls.wordpress.com)
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 comes to Blu Ray! (betheredcarpet.co.uk)
- Ti West and Eli Roth join forces for ‘The Sacrament’ — EXCLUSIVE POSTER (horrorboom.com)
- Watch the Trailer for Gunnar “Leatherface” Hansen’s Tell All Book About ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’, ‘Chain Saw Confidential’ (horrornovelreviews.com)
- James Wan is Finished with Horror Movies, And it Breaks My Heart [Op-Ed] (screenrant.com)