- Trivial Pursuits (labelledemanille.wordpress.com)
- Semi Truck Accident Victims Center Urges Families Of A Victim Seriously Injured in a Semi Truck Crash To Call Them For Instant Access To The Best Law Firms-Nationwide (prweb.com)
- Semi Truck Accident Victims Center Urges Families Of A Innocent Victim Of A Semi Truck Crash To Call Them For The Contacts Of the Nations Top Truck Accident Lawyers (prweb.com)
My good friend and fellow blogger Mike over at MikesFilmTalk has gotten the insane notion to present me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Personally I think the guy must have eaten way too much Quorn; but I certainly appreciate it!
However, with great power comes great responsibility; so I have to hold up my end of the bargain. So, there are a few things I need to do. Oh, and for the 15 bloggers I nominate for the award, you have to do it, too, should you choose to accept.
1. I have to display the award logo on my blog. That big fancy picture above you and the smaller one to the side fulfills that part of the deal; so, check.
2. I linked back to Mike, the guy who nominated me. Yep!
3. I have to list seven things about myself. Lovely, just lovely.
4. I must nominate 15 bloggers and link back to them. Okay.
5. I must notify the 15 bloggers that I nominated and let them know that I nominated them.
So, I have 1 and 2 accomplished, so…
1. One of the reasons my wife married me is because I rescued a tiny frog from being killed by some unwitting Wal-mart employees. The poor thing was entangled in a dust ball and I released him and they were going to sweep the poor thing to death. I untangled him and put him in the garden section near the ponds.
2. (Holding thumb and forefinger about a millimeter apart) Every year I miss being voted People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive by that much.
3. After last Sunday I now know what it feels like to cut your finger (or thumb) with a large butcher knife. Ouch.
4. If I were a professional wrestler I would definitely be the heel, or the bad guy if you prefer. Heels are way more dimensional in their personas.
5. I suffer from panic attacks.
6. I get overwhelmed in crowds. Crowds wouldn’t be so bad if there weren’t so many people.
7. I try not to take life too seriously. But you know what? Sometimes it can get to me no matter how hard I try.
Now, on to Numero Four-o
In no particular order,the Nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
I will notify the 15 bloggers and therefore shall fulfill my end of the deal. If you choose to accept then just follow the five rules that I have so graciously laid out for you. Even though I know I can be a bit of a smart ass at times, I truly appreciate this award and accept it with all humility. Thank you.
- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award; Happy Happy Joy Joy… (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award (punamjr.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Blogger Award (abdulmanafphotography.wordpress.com)
- A new Award !!! (utesmile.wordpress.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Nomination (timneath.wordpress.com)
- It’s time for award again and NRJS is nominated! (norecipejuststory.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (sugarandspicebaking.com)
- Blog Award: Very Inspiring Blogger Award (unihomemaker.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (4writersandreaders.wordpress.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award Winner! (beefelle.com)
In Images Part One I featured the full moon madness of the werewolf. Images Part Two was the blood soaked fangs of the vampire. For Images Part Three I present to you various artist’s renditions of the King Vampire himself. Count Dracula. The same goes with this presentation as it did with the previous two; I do not take credit and I will list the artist if I am able to do so. If you see an unaccredited piece and you know the artist then by all means tell me and I will credit it. If a piece belongs to you and you want it removed then tell me and it will be gone. Enjoy, take care and stay scared.
Written in Blood
- Dracula is a Dick (cirsova.wordpress.com)
- WTF Wednesday: Oh Dracula, what has happened to our vampires? (cherryvondagger.wordpress.com)
- A Short History of Vampire Movies – Part I the 1920′s (mrmovietimes.com)
- A Collection of Video Vampires (mrmovietimes.com)
- Author, Kim Newman talks “Dracula Cha Cha Cha” (impmag.org)
- Mind Numbingly Bad Clips from Argento’s Dracula (dreadcentral.com)
- Dracula: The True Story (topdocumentaryfilms.com)
- 31 Days of Horror – The Tomb of Dracula (biffbampop.com)
- Reader’s Block (annettesthomson.com)
- Italian Teaser Trailer for Dario Argento’s Dracula Offers a Quickie (dreadcentral.com)
I thought I would feature three of the most famous Italian directors for this edition of “What’s Their Best Film?” So, here they are and here are their respective filmographies. Pick you favorites.
Lust of the Vampire (uncredited)-1956
Caltiki the Undying Monster (uncredited)-1959
Giant of Marathon (uncredited)-1959
Esther and the King (Italian version)-1960
The Last of the Vikings (uncredited)-1961
Le meraviglie di Aladino-1961
Erik the Conqueror- 1961
The Evil Eye-1963
The Whip and the Body (as John M. Old)-1963
Blood and Black Lace-1964
The Road to Fort Alamo (as John M. Old)-1964
Planet of the Vampires-1965
Gunman Called Nebraska (uncredited)-1966
Knives of the Avenger-1966
Kill Baby, Kill-1966
Island of Terror-1970
Hatchet for the Honeymoon-1970
Roy Colt and Winchester Jack-1970
A Bay of Blood-1971
Four Times That Night-1972
Lisa and the Devil-1974
Beyond the Door II-1977
La Venere d’Ille (TV)-1979
Ragazzi del Juke-Box-1959
Howlers of the Dock-1960
Colpo gobbo all’italiana-1962
I due della legione straniera-1962
Uno strano tipo-1963
I due ivasi di Sing Sing-1964
Oh! Those Most Secret Agents-1964
I due pericoli pubblici-1964
002 operazione Luna-1965
I due parà-1965
Come svaligiammo la banca d’Italia-1966
Come rubammo la bomba atomica-1967
Il lungo, il corto, il gatto-1967
Operazione San Pietro-1967
One on Top of the Other-1969
The Senator Likes Women-1972
Don’t Torture a Duckling-1972
Challenge to White Fang-1974
Four of the Apocalypse-1975
Il cav. Costante Nicosia demoniaco, ovvero: Dracula in Brianza-1975
They Died with Their Boots On-1978
City of the Living Dead-1980
The Black Cat-1981
The House by the Cemetery-1981
The New York Ripper-1982
I guerrieri dell’anno 2072-1984
Il miele del diavolo-1986
Touch of Death-1988
Il fantasma di Sodoma-1988
The Sweet House of Horrors (TV)-1989
The House of Clocks (TV)-1989
Hansel e Gretel (uncredited)-1990
Nightmare Concert (A Cat in the Brain)-1990
Voices from Beyond-1991
Door to Silence (as H. Simon Kittay)-1991
Hanno rubato un tram (uncredited)-1954
The Last Days of Pompeii (uncredited)-1959
The Colossus of Rhodes-1961
Il cambi della guardia (uncredited, directed some scenes)-1962
A Fistful of Dollars-1964
For a Few Dollars More-1965
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly-1966
Once Upon a Time in the West-1968
Duck, You Sucker-1971
My Name is Nobody (uncredited)-1973
A Genius, Two Friends and an Idiot (uncredited)-1975
Once Upon a Time in America-1984
Troppo Forte (uncredited)-1986
Make your choice, take care and stay scared!
- From Sputnik to Spacewalking: 7 Soviet Space Firsts (history.com)
- Timeline: Carroll Shelby’s life, 1923-2012 (motortrend.com)
- Anjon’s Italian Restaurant’s New Must-See Website Offers Award-Winning Pasta Sauces Online (prweb.com)
- 10 of Our Favorite Italian Style Influencers – and Why We Love Them (fabsugar.com)
- 50-Year Single-Line Timeline of Physics, 1950-200 (longstreet.typepad.com)
- Adventures in Science Fiction Cover Art: Nuclear Explosions + Mushroom Clouds, Part II (sciencefictionruminations.wordpress.com)
- Updates: Recent Science Fiction Acquisitions N. XLIII (Silverberg + Laumer + Leiber + Elgin) (sciencefictionruminations.wordpress.com)
- Former Maine Gov. John Reed dead at 91 (bangordailynews.com)
- James Bond girls through the last 50 years (kansascity.com)
- Adventures in Science Fiction Cover Art: Visualizing Time (sciencefictionruminations.wordpress.com)
Check them out, they’ve got a pretty cool thing going on.
- From Hollywood to Rochester, Ideal Image is Turning Heads with Some Impressive Results (prweb.com)
- Red Line Tours To Launch 2013 Collectors Tickets Series Highlighting Four of Hollywood’s Celebrated Directors (prweb.com)
- Hollywood Tools’ Takes RemoteMyProject, Keywords, and TeraFlame to Createasphere’s Entertainment Technology Expo in Burbank, CA. (prweb.com)
- BellaTV: Bliss Out With One of Hollywood’s Fave Facials (fabsugar.com)
- Live From E!: Hollywood Celebrates Halloween, Celebs React to Sandy and The X Factor’s First Live Show (ca.eonline.com)
- “Hooray for Hollywood!” (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- Hollywood Hot Cheating Scandals (5min.com)
- Behind Closed Doors (seyisandradavid.org)
- Howie or Wilhelm: What’s the Best Stock Scream in Hollywood? (motherboard.vice.com)
- SCREAM QUEEN OF THE WEEK-OCTOBER 15th-19th-MICHELLE BAUER (jmountswritteninblood.com)
Here we are again on a Friday with another (the fourth) installment of “What’s Their Best Film?” As usual for this I have found three filmmakers and all I need for you to do is to tell me what you think is the best film they’ve ever made. As always, do not go by what the critics say; this is your opinion.
2006A Prairie Home Companion
1998The Gingerbread Man
1992McTeague (TV movie)
1990Vincent & Theo
1988The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial (TV movie)
1987Aria (segment “Les Boréades”)
1987Basements (TV movie)
1985Fool for Love
1985The Laundromat (TV movie)
1985O.C. and Stiggs
1982Rattlesnake in a Cooler (TV movie)
1982Precious Blood (TV movie)
1979A Perfect Couple
1974Thieves Like Us
1973The Long Goodbye
1969That Cold Day in the Park
1964Nightmare in Chicago (TV movie)
2007Grindhouse (segment “Planet Terror” / fake trailer segment “Machete”)
2005The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D
2003Once Upon a Time in Mexico
1996From Dusk Till Dawn
1995Four Rooms (segment “The Misbehavers”)
1994Roadracers (TV movie)
2006Letters from Iwo Jima
2006Flags of Our Fathers
2004Million Dollar Baby
1997Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
1995The Bridges of Madison County
1993A Perfect World
1976The Outlaw Josey Wales
1975The Eiger Sanction
1973High Plains Drifter
1971Play Misty for Me
- What’s Their Best Film? Third Times The Charm (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- Psst… the sale has started! (simplybeblog.co.uk)
- South Shore’s Erica McDermott lands TV movie (enterprisenews.com)
- Psst! (forgottensea.wordpress.com)
- Psst. Really cool re-purpose. Pass it on. (enchantedseashells.com)
- What the Hell Happened to Helen Hunt? (lebeauleblog.com)
- Psst… Got Time For A 5-Minute Adventure? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Thoughts on Mani Ratnam and his films (madaboutmoviez.com)
- ‘Doctor Who’ Gets a 50th Anniversary Movie: Proof TV Movies Don’t Have to Suck (hollywood.com)
- Clint Eastwood: 35 Years, 35 Films, 64 Bucks (ritholtz.com)
Written and Directed by Adam Mason and Simon Boyes
I’m not sure how to say this in a delicate manner, so I’ll just say it. I refuse to waste time reviewing this misogynistic piece of garbage. 90 minutes of my life was wasted watching this pile of excrement. You want my review? That’s my review. I have more respect for women in my little finger than the makers of this film have in their entire bodies. This may not be a popular post and it may not get me a whole bunch of page views; but instead of a review I am including a list of links to organizations that help in the fight against rape and domestic violence. I’m sorry this isn’t my usual happy go lucky humorous review. This is a matter I feel strongly about; so maybe next time, folks.
The sites I have listed are just for starters. Each one will have information that will help you should you decide to become involved or if you need help in any way.
Oh yeah, no blood drops. Enough said.
- Domestic violence to be criminal offence (nation.com.pk)
- The Inner Pain of Domestic Violence (carolynhennecy.com)
- Domestic Violence and Social Media (from the Health Is Social Blog) (jflahiff.wordpress.com)
- Salon Uses Domestic Violence Imagery to Advertise (bellasugar.com)
- ‘Domestic violence not criminalised by Senate’ (nation.com.pk)