Note-Starting this week and continuing through the month of October I will be featuring a Scream Queen of the Week. Any girl with a pretty face and a hot body can star in one or two fright flicks over the course of their careers and each and every one of them owes a debt of gratitude to the four women who will be featured here in the next four weeks. These women have starred in so many horror films between them that when you look at their respective films the list is so long that the scroll bar on your computer gets really small. These ladies have been in everything from Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-rama to Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. They are bold, brassy and bad-ass; but more than anything else they are beautiful. So without further ado let’s meet our first Scream Queen of the Week!
SCREAM QUEEN OF THE WEEK-OCTOBER 1st-5th-LINNEA QUIGLEY
Linnea Barbara Quigley was born on May 27, 1958 in Davenport, Iowa. According to Wikipedia, that all-knowing Wizard of the World Wide Web, she moved to Los Angeles in the 1970’s to pursue her dream of becoming an actress. Miss Quigley has appeared in well over one hundred films including The Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Demons, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, Nightmare Sisters, Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama and A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master. The list goes on and on and shows no signs of stopping as she has four films either filming or in post-production for 2012. It is with great pleasure that I present to you Miss Linnea Quigley, Scream Queen of the Week for October 1st-5th!
Was married to make-up artist Steve Johnson (The Fog, An American Werewolf in London, Blade II) from 1990-1992.
Was once in a band called “The Skirts,” an all-girl band.
Appears at horror conventions several times a year to meet her fans.
Long-time friends with fellow B-movie actresses Brinke Stevens and Michelle Bauer, whom she has worked with for years.
You have more say on a low-budget film. You don’t have a million people telling you what to do.
As I’ve done more and more films, I find that they sometimes impose nudity in certain scenes where I really don’t want to do it. There should be some kind of restraint on love scenes. I love to watch them when they’re nicely shot, but don’t necessarily show a lot. You can show just a little bit and still get the idea.
My favorites, selected from my own movies, are Savage Streets (1984), The Return of the Living Dead (1985) and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers(1988). One of the differences between my association with horror films and scream queens of past generations is that I don’t faint as much.
- Lost Linnea Quigley Film Scream Queen to Finally See the Light of Day (dreadcentral.com)
- Win a copy of “Screaming in High Heels” on DVD! [GIVEAWAY] (thewolfmancometh.com)
- Exclusive Interview: Brinke Stevens, Linnea Quigley, and Michelle Bauer – Screaming in High Heels! (dreadcentral.com)
- Linnea Quigley in a photo shoot for the magazine Leg Show (dianparkinsonfan.wordpress.com)
- the leading ladies of late-80’s direct-to-video B-movie horror (jamesken.typepad.com)
- The Scream Queens of Film: Julianna Guill (moviesfilmsandflix.com)
- Scream Queen of the Month-august 2012-vampirella (jmountswritteninblood.com)
- Reviews by Jamie: Girls Gone Dead (themovieguideblog.wordpress.com)
- Marilyn Burns Enters The Dungeon of Deadly Delights (dreadcentral.com)
- Scream Queen of the Month-october 2012-sara Paxton (jmountswritteninblood.com)