SCREAM QUEEN OF THE MONTH-JANUARY 2013-ELISHA CUTHBERT
What we have here is a glaring example of a Scream Queen who has only appeared in two horror films; those being House of Wax (2005) and Captivity (2007). What we also have is a glaring example of who cares, she’s hot!! Indeed she is, ladies and gentlemen and boys and girls of all ages. The lovely Miss Cuthbert was born on November 30, 1982 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She made her first appearance on the series Are You Afraid of the Dark? (1996) on the Nickelodeon channel. She was the host of Popular Mechanics for Kids (1997) for three years. She also won the Gemini Award (the Canadian Emmy) for her performance in the TV movie Lucky Girl (2001). She moved to Los Angeles at age 17 and landed her breakthrough role as Kim Bauer, the daughter of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on the popular series 24 (2001). Elisha has appeared in the films Old School (2003) with Will Ferrell; Love Actually (2003) with Colin Firth; and The Girl Next Door (2004) with Emile Hirsch.
If you’re Canadian, and your flag is raised, then wave it proudly as we welcome our January 2013 Scream Queen of the Month, Elisha Cuthbert!
LET’S (CUT)HBERT to the CHASE*
While trotting the globe as a correspondent for the award-winning series “Popular Mechanics for Kids” (1997), she caught the eye of First LadyHillary Rodham Clinton and was invited to Washington for a meeting with her.
She left Canada at the age of 17 to move to Los Angeles, California to pursue an acting career. Had a deadline of 6 weeks. By the end of the 5th week was given the role of Kimberley Bauer on Fox’s “24” (2001).
Auditioned but lost the lead role to Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man (2002).
“I don’t ever want to be doing the same sort of thing, I never want to be typecast, because I have way too much to give to be sort of, to always be the hot chick in the movie.” (Referring to The Girl Next Door (2004)).
“I’m very mellow. I think if I hadn’t become an actress, I would’ve lived the simple life. You know, get married and sit on my porch.”
“I’m a huge fan of video games and comic books. I’m not die-hard or anything, but I definitely appreciate the art in it, which is really cool.”
*Okay, that was bad.
**I should stop.
- Love It or Hate It? Elisha Cuthbert’s Side-Swept Crop (bellasugar.com)
- How Would YOU Wear It? Elisha Cuthbert (fabsugar.com)
- Who Had the Best Tossed-Back-on-the-Side Hairstyle? (bellasugar.com)
- Pretty in Peach: The Summer’s Must-Have Polish Shade (bellasugar.com)
- Gaslight Anthem Advocate Romance in ‘Here Comes My Man’ (rollingstone.com)
- Talking with Elisha Cuthbert and Zachary Knighton about ‘Happy Endings’ New Season (theawl.com)
- Stacy Keibler & Elisha Cuthbert – VH1 Divas 2012 Red Carpet! (justjared.com)
- Kerry Washington & Elisha Cuthbert – AMAs 2012 Red Carpet (justjared.com)
- [Video] The Gaslight Anthem – “Here Comes My Man” (laststopwonderland.com)
- Elisha Cuthbert Engagement Ring Details (raymondleejewelersblog.com)